Congratulations to Home Instead Havant for smashing their Challenge 500 target!
Team Havant raised over £600 for Bring Joy Foundation by selling raffle tickets for this delicious hamper. Nikki Shepherd, Community Coordinator at Havant shares her story of how the team are helping to bring joy to community groups and charities across the UK:
The ingredients for a great idea…
“It was Mid November on a cold, dark, after work gathering of the office team (safely spaced, of course). We sipped mulled wine, played some festive tunes and decorated the office and tree. The ‘togetherness’ made Christmas suddenly very real. We had the, ‘OMG, yikes!’ moment that the Bring Joy Challenge £500 challenge loomed large!
“We are a warm, happy and a bursting-with -ideas type of team. The idea of a HUGE hamper, full of festive goodies to raise £500 was chewed over and agreed upon. Any challenge shared is a good one – It’s not 1 person trying to raised £500, its a team of around 40 helping to raise £10 – £15 each.
“I chatted through the concept with Susan Love from Home Instead Dudley. We built a list of 40 festive goodies – from an amaryllis to mince pies, crackers to box of sweeties we made a a jaw dropping, festive filled massive hamper. We gave CAREGivers a week to choose an item and drop it to the office. With several pictures of all the goodies, we created a Just Giving page with a £500 target and then promoted it.
“£1 to win all the contents, 1 hamper, one huge pile of goodies.”
What did we Learn?
- Lots of people wanted to help us; one donated £50 for just 1 ticket. People were very generous.
- Social media is our friend, we promoted it widely AND CONSISTENTLY. We reminded CAREGivers to share it, we emailed RPN’s, we had 2.5 weeks solid promotion.
- There will be a last minute surge
- A Facebook Live draw was fun and manageable
- It was fun, relatively straightforward, and we will do it again!”
Thanks for all your support, team Havant!