Telling us what you think: how to make a complaint about our fundraising
We welcome any feedback that you can give us about our fundraising activity. Although we strive for the highest possible standards in our fundraising, we rely on our supporters to let us know when we can do better, or if we’ve made a mistake.
Here are the ways in which you can let us know what you think:
1. Talk to a member of the Charity Team about your complaint
If you have a complaint, they will do their best to resolve any issue. If they cannot, or do not, resolve the matter to your satisfaction they will refer your complaint to the Complaints Coordinator who we follow the Charity’s complaints procedure.
2. Email the Charity with details of your complaint
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org about your complaint. This will be directed to our Complaints Coordinator for action. We would be grateful if you would include your full name, address and phone number and full detail of your complaint. This will enable our team to respond as quickly as possible.
3. Write to the Charity about your complaint
If you would like to write to us to complain, please address all correspondence to:
Charity Complaints Coordinator
Bring Joy Foundation
Unit 2 Acres Field
The Charity’s Complaints Coordinator will ensure that your complaint is investigated appropriately, and will reply to you to explain what steps the Charity is taking to deal with your complaint in order to resolve/address your complaint, and the timescales involved.
Social Media Complaints
Please note that any social media platforms with a page owned by Bring Joy Foundation are monitored within standard working hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Our standard response time for social media complaints is within 24 hours, however accounts are monitored on ad hoc basis during weekends and Public Holidays so on these occasions we may take a little longer to respond.
Whilst Bring Joy Foundation monitors all social media complaints, should you wish to make a formal complaint it is advised that you do so by emailing: email@example.com.
Complaints Response Schedule for Bring Joy Foundation:
If your complaint cannot be resolved straight away:
- We will acknowledge any written or verbal complaint within seven working days of receiving a complaint.
- We will provide you with a full written response to your complaint, wherever possible within 28 working days.
- If there is a delay in dealing with your complaint, we are committed to keeping you informed of our progress by writing or emailing you at regular intervals.
- If our final letter to you does not satisfactorily address your complaint, and your complaint is in relation to an alleged breach of the Fundraising Regulator Code of Practice or Charity Commission protocol, we would advise you to contact the Charity Commission and/or Fundraising Regulator within eight weeks of receiving our final letter.
Home Instead Bring Joy Foundation, registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales, charity number; 1156700
and with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, OSCR, number; SC044921