Apply for a grant from us
Bring Joy has re-opened its Grant Making to support community groups affected by COVID-19.
We have a limited number of Facebook Portals to give away. If you know a senior over the age of 70 who would benefit from one of these devices to keep connected to loved ones to prevent boredom and loneliness please email: email@example.com outlining the following:
Name of Person who will benefit:
How will this person benefit from the use of this device?:
Is there someone available who could assist with the set up of the device?:
Do you agree to follow ALL government guidance on COVID-19 relating to social distancing, hand washing and sanitisation to prevent the spread of the virus and limit the risk of transmission to the senior named above?:
Do you agree to provide photos/video of the recipient with their gift and consent for the images to be used across all Bring Joy and Home Instead Social and other media channels?:
Names will be drawn at random.
The Home Instead Bring Joy Foundation has re-opened its grant making programme to specifically support lonely and isolated seniors during this difficult time.
If you are a community group that has had your group meeting cancelled because of the current COVID-19 government advice but you still want to support your elderly community then you can apply for funding.
You can apply for funding to pay for books, puzzles, jigsaws, audible books and other entertainment activities and, where needed, communication devices and assistive technology where some of your seniors have disabilities or illnesses and require additional support to stay safe, well and connected. We can provide you with online shopping vouchers so you can order and receive direct delivery in this period of ‘Lockdown’
You do not need to be a registered charity.
We want all of our seniors to stay mentally fit and active, apply to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you don’t have access to email please telephone 01925 730 273 answering the following points:
1) Name of Community Group
2) How many seniors you support
3) How you will use the money
4) Do you have any disabled seniors who may require technology to help them stay active, well and connected to loved ones? If so, how many and what would their requirements be.
5) Do you agree to provide Bring Joy with pictures of seniors who have benefited from this grant, photos and quotes will be used online and in local press.
6) Do you agree to follow all social distancing requirement when distributing items to seniors i.e. alcohol hand gel, no physical contact, do not visit any seniors if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19 no matter how slight?
Please remember to keep yourself and your seniors safe by following the latest government advice. You can also visit Home Instead for specific information and advice around COVID-19